Geneva, 23 December, 2017
What becoming a support member means? As a print and online publication, we envisage a mix of grants, sponsorship, advertising and support memberships as the most effective way to become sustainable – and as long as our editorial independence is respected.
However, this may take time, particularly given the difficulty that so many journalism-oriented media are facing in obtaining the backing they require to provide the reporting quality that we consider imperative to respond to our readers’ needs – and to make a difference.
Mailing costs: Unfortunately, too, since our start-up at the end of 2016, special postal rates for magazines by Switzerland and France have been abandoned or have become exorbitant. In France, reduced magazine rates for Europe and elsewhere now only apply to content promoting the French language and culture. We are exploring ways of being able to honour those wishing to receive print copies without having to resort to significant add-ons.
Become an Individual or Institutional/Corporate member. We are seeking 2,000 support members during our start-up period. This backing will enable us to develop our print/online editions (six issues a year, incl. Special Reports), plus commission the compelling journalism we believe is imperative today.
• Individual: Suggested contribution: 50 CHF a year. Student/Intern: 20 CHF, For the moment, we have to discontinue sending print copies to support members as we would have to charge 75.00 CHF/USD in addition to a basic support membership. We are currently exploring alternative mailing possibilities.
• Institutional/Corporate: Minimum 500 CHF a year. For those in the Lake Geneva region, we will deliver 15 print copies per edition to your offices. Plus a 25% discount on first advertisement.
• Sponsors: We invite donors, foundations, companies and others to sponsor Special Reports and other forms of coverage on the condition that the editorial independence of Global Geneva is respected. You can sponsor the complimentary distribution of print copies throughout Switzerland and border areas to locations and events, including international conferences, workshops, UN agencies, NGOs, offices, high schools, colleges and universities, select hotels, museums, airline lounges…
ALL SUBSCRIBERS WILL BENEFIT FROM:
• Unrestricted access to Global Geneva online.
• An invitation to contribute content, such as articles or comment, as long as it meets the editorial standards of Global Geneva.
• Free entry to any events organized by Global Geneva.
DIRECT BANK TRANSFERS: For direct transfers, you can credit directly to our provisional Postfinance account. Please confirm with an email detailing the transaction to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postfinance Bank, 3000 Berne Switzerland
Name of Accountholder: Edward Girardet/Global Geneva Magazine Project
IBAN: CH85 0900 0000 1243 0421 3